- Video Footage – Turkey Farm in Ontario
- March 05, 2014
- The respectful treatment and welfare of turkeys is a top priority for Turkey Farmers of Canada. The recent video footage of a turkey operation in Ontario is a concerning, yet isolated, incident. We commend Hybrid Turkeys for taking action by implementing corrective and additional measures and initiating an independent investigation. To view Hybrid’s press release, link to it here: http://www.hybridturkeys.com/en/hybrid-news-centre/animal-welfare-press-release-march-2014/.
Turkey Farmers of Canada’s national Flock Care Program© which is based on the Recommended Code of Practice, provides specific guidelines for all Canadian turkey farmers to follow. The program is in place to facilitate the responsible and humane care of turkeys and to provide standards for the welfare and care of birds, farm management, housing and environment, and biosecurity measures.
Our on-farm program is reviewed annually and updated to reflect the best management practices available based on current research. The Flock Care Program© is being implemented progressively across the country. Canadian turkey farmers have welcomed the program, which reflects the good care they’re already taking in their barns.
- Government Strengthens Canadian Poultry Research
- February 18, 2014
- Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz has announced an investment of $4 million to the Canadian Poultry Research Council (CPRC) to further strengthen the poultry industry’s role within the Canadian agri-food sector.
- A Message from the Chair of Turkey Farmers of Canada
- October 15, 2013
- Turkey Farmers of Canada (TFC) is proudly celebrating its 40th year representing Canada’s turkey farmers.
- Join Turkey Farmers of Canada in Donating Turkeys this Thanksgiving.
- September 19, 2013
- September 19, 2013 (Toronto, Ontario) – Together, Mark Davies, Chair of Turkey Farmers of Canada (TFC) and Phil Boyd, Executive Director of TFC, presented a cheque for $56,500 to Food Banks Canada Chair, Brian Fraser, and Executive Director Katharine Schmidt, to mark the occasion of their fifth year of partnership together. The donation will be allocated to rural food banks across Canada, funding the purchase of whole turkeys or turkey products to distribute to their clients at Thanksgiving.
- Canadian Turkey Stats 1974-2012 NOW AVAILABLE!
- July 23, 2013
- The Canadian Turkey Stats 1974-2012 handbook is now available on our website!
- December Means the Mo Had to Go!
- December 06, 2012
- Movember is over and Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz's money-raising moustache, the "Mo" extraordinaire, has received a fitting send-off. Minister Ritz's trademark moustache was removed in a private and heartbreaking ceremony on December 1st.