- TFC and Food Banks Canada bring the ‘Voice of Hunger’ to Parliament Hill
- May 12, 2014
- Each year during Hunger Awareness Week, Food Banks Canada, its provincial members and food banks across the country, hold events to tell the story of the work they do, and the stories of hungry Canadians assisted by food banks. On Thursday, May 8, Turkey Farmers of Canada helped bring some of these stories to Parliament Hill by sponsoring the third annual Food Banks Canada Parliament Hill breakfast.
- It's Hunger Awareness Week!
- May 05, 2014
- From May 5-9, 2014, Food Banks Canada is challenging Canadians to break the silence surrounding Hunger in Canada by voicing their stories, concerns, support and solutions for hunger.
- Marketplace Episode – Turkey Farm in Ontario
- March 17, 2014
- We share your concern over the footage shown in the March 14th episode of CBC’s Marketplace.
The respectful treatment and welfare of turkeys is a top priority for Turkey Farmers of Canada. We commend Hybrid Turkeys for taking action by implementing corrective and additional measures and initiating an independent investigation, immediately after having viewed the footage in early March.
- Video Footage – Turkey Farm in Ontario
- March 05, 2014
- The respectful treatment and welfare of turkeys is a top priority for Turkey Farmers of Canada. The recent video footage of a turkey operation in Ontario is a concerning, yet isolated, incident. We commend Hybrid Turkeys for taking action by implementing corrective and additional measures and initiating an independent investigation. To view Hybrid’s press release, link to it here: http://www.hybridturkeys.com/en/hybrid-news-centre/animal-welfare-press-release-march-2014/.
Turkey Farmers of Canada’s national Flock Care Program© which is based on the Recommended Code of Practice, provides specific guidelines for all Canadian turkey farmers to follow. The program is in place to facilitate the responsible and humane care of turkeys and to provide standards for the welfare and care of birds, farm management, housing and environment, and biosecurity measures.
Our on-farm program is reviewed annually and updated to reflect the best management practices available based on current research. The Flock Care Program© is being implemented progressively across the country. Canadian turkey farmers have welcomed the program, which reflects the good care they’re already taking in their barns.
- Government Strengthens Canadian Poultry Research
- February 18, 2014
- Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz has announced an investment of $4 million to the Canadian Poultry Research Council (CPRC) to further strengthen the poultry industry’s role within the Canadian agri-food sector.
- A Message from the Chair of Turkey Farmers of Canada
- October 15, 2013
- Turkey Farmers of Canada (TFC) is proudly celebrating its 40th year representing Canada’s turkey farmers.